Global City Mission Initiative (GCMI) is seeking a Communications Coordinator. Global City Mission is working to see disciple-making initiatives in strategic global cities around the world starting in North America. In order to effectively advance disciple-making in urban settings, we focus on these three areas of ministry:
- Evangelism & church planting in global cities
- Coaching local believers to reach their communities
- Providing equipping & training for established churches
Communication Coordinator works with Global City Mission to advance public communications emphasizing important mission themes, managing organizational messaging, sharing resources with the wide body of Christ, and supporting networking efforts.
- Proactively share the vision of GCMI for making & multiplying disciples in global cities.
- Support GCMI mobilization by developing communications to connect with potential harvest laborers among individuals and churches.
- Support development efforts by sharing the narrative of Global City Mission through various media.
- Organize & manage communications projects & campaigns in social media and other targeted mediums to expand the audience of GCMI.
- Utilize video, graphics, story, articles, and other communications tools to advance the message of GCMI.
- Oversee social media.
- Demonstrate ability as a story teller.
- Work with GCMI leadership to help craft messaging that advances the ministry in mobilization & devleopment.
- Work with the GCMI team to help provide missional resourcing & equipping sourced from GCMI experience to the wider body of Christ through communications strategies.
Qualities & Characteristics
- Demonstrate an understanding of social media, storytelling, writing, & design.
- Practice strong self-leadership. Be self-initiating & self-managing in day-to-day tasks.
- Be adaptable. Learn from successes & failures and be capable of evaluating communications strategy to recommend and/or implement needed changes.
- Share a general alignment with the GCMI Philosophy of Ministry.
- Be committed to prayer and to their own personal wholeness & spiritual health.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and craft messaging that connects with a general audience.
- Be senstive to security & related issues when it comes to communicating evangelistic stories and form impactful stories that maintain general anonymity.
- Communications Coordinator may serve in either a part-time or full-time role within the GCMI team.
- The postiion may be be bivocational or missionary funded.
- For mission funding, personal partner-raising (ie., support raising) is required for salary &/or work-fund expenses.
- Communications Coordinator is a remote position. Locating in the metro area of a global city is preferred but not required for this position.
Want More Info?
Want more info, to schedule a Discovery Conversation? Fill out the form below.