Global City Mission Initiative (GCMI) is seeking a volunteer Development Director. Global City Mission is working to see disciple-making initiatives in strategic global cities around the world starting in North America. In order to effectively advance disciple-making in urban settings, we focus on these three areas of ministry:
- Evangelism & church planting in global cities
- Coaching local believers to reach their communities
- Providing equipping & training for established churches
The Development Director works with Global City Mission to maintain funding in order to sustain the organization’s overall mission, faciliitate communication with existing financial partners, and support the vision of Global City Mission.
- Proactively share the vision of GCMI for making & multiplying disciples in global cities.
- Facilitate communications that nurture the relationship between GCMI and financial partners.
- Oversee & manage fundraising efforts for the ministry of GCMI.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to maintain and expand fundraising.
- Organize any projects or events related to funding development for the ministry.
- Demonstrate ability as a story teller.
- Work with GCMI leadership to help craft messaging that advances funding devleopment.
- Craft funding strategies to sustain and advance GCMI’s ministry efforts.
- As appropriate, collaborate with the Executive Director and GCMI leadership on special projects or new initiatives in the area of fundraising & communication.
- Represent GCMI in churches, Christian business associations, conferences, and/or similar venues.
Qualities & Characteristics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mission of GCMI and be able to articulate it potential donors.
- Practice strong self-leadership. Be self-initiating & self-managing in day-to-day tasks.
- Be adaptable. Learn from successes & failures and be capable of evaluating development strategy to recommend and/or implement needed changes.
- Share a general alignment with the GCMI Philosophy of Ministry.
- Be committed to prayer and to their own personal wholeness & spiritual health.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively and craft messaging that connects with potential donors.
- Have the ability to manage relationships with both individual donors and church partners.
- Development Director is a volunteer role.
- This is a remote position.
- Some travel is to be expected to visit churches, collaborate with board members, attend conferences, or manage special events.
Want More Info?
Want more info, to schedule a Discovery Conversation? Fill out the form below.