Global City Mission is a disciple-making ministry focused specifically on evangelism in global cities. In order to effectively advance disciple-making in urban settings, we focus on these three areas of ministry:
- Evangelism & church planting
- Training local believers to reach their communities
- Providing equipping & training for established churches
- Self-initiate ethnographic learning and discovering strategic inroads into specific context(s).
- Intentionally & personally initiate cross-cultural evangelism.
- Apply multiplication strategies, planting discovery bible studies & simple church communities, forming disciples who in turn disciple others, and developing indigenous leadership.
- Working in immigrant/international communities, be attentive to opportunities for evangelistic engagement or leadership development in the homelands of international friends.
- Train & mobilize local believers in evangelism and to start discovery groups in their communities.
- Select a missionary care team (individuals outside of GCMI) for personal care & accountability.
- Adapt a catalytic strategy for disciple-making in & through the city.
- If/when a missionary team develops, help determine effective team rhythms within the ministry context, and participate in all GCMI team rhythms & activities.
- Coordinate team meetings and activities.
- Pursue alignment with GCMI Philosophy of ministry.
- Work with GCMI leadership to nurture a synergistic team climate.
- Coordinating with GCMI leadership, help facilitate the growth & development of the city initiative.
- Share monthly ministry updates and participate in annual review with executive director.
- Function as a liaison with partnering church(es).
- Communicate potential partnership opportunities with Global City Mission leadership.
- As needed, participate in GCMI events & activities.
- Participate in GCMI missionary mobilization.
- Participate in inter-city discussions in order to promote cross-training and ongoing collaboration.
Qualities & Characteristics
- Mission Catalysts practice strong self-leadership. They should be self-initiating and self-managing in day-to-day ministry.
- Mission Catalysts should be learners. GCMI will provide training & guidance, and we also encourage individuals to continue learning, pioneering, and sharing new discoveries with the larger GCMI team.
- Mission Catalysts should have alignment with the GCMI Philosophy of Ministry.
- Mission Catalysts should be committed to prayer and to their own spiritual health.
Note: As a mission organization, Mission Catalysts will raise financial partners in order to serve in a full-time capacity.
Want More Info?
Want more info or to apply? Fill out the form below.