Global City Mission Initiative (GCMI) is seeking regional mobilization catalysts. Global City Mission is working to see disciple-making initiatives in strategic global cities around the world starting in North America. In order to effectively advance disciple-making in urban settings, we focus on these three areas of ministry:
- Evangelism & church planting in global cities
- Coaching local believers to reach their communities
- Providing equipping & training for established churches
In GCMI, mobilization involves a robust & multi-layered strategy to advance disciple-making. Mobilization includes recruiting new full-time missionaries, activating (non-clergy) believers to become disciple-makers in their communities, and connecting GCMI to churches for evangelism training. Mobilizers are essentially those agents serving to activate believers into the harvest as disciple-makers.
- Proactively share the vision of GCMI for making & multiplying disciples in global cities.
- Identify contexts for connecting with potential missionary candidates and share a ministry vision that represents GCMI and its missionary opportunities. For example, Christian colleges/seminaries, local campus ministries, Perspectives course(s), church mission fairs, etc.
- Initiate connections and steward relationships between GCMI and potential mission workers.
- Call upon believers to become disciple-makers in their communities, introduce Disciple-Maker Cohorts as a learning opportunity, and identify candidates for participation in a cohort.
- Coordinate with GCMI communications in order to utilize media and other communication tools to share GCMI’s ministry.
- Identify churches/ministries that represent local/lay mobilization opportunities in his/her region and/or metro area and facilitate communication with GCMI leadership.
Qualities & Characteristics
- Practice strong self-leadership. Be self-initiating & self-managing in day-to-day tasks.
- Be adaptable. Learn from successes & failures and be capable of evaluating mobilization strategy to recommend and/or implement needed changes.
- Share a general alignment with the GCMI Philosophy of Ministry.
- Be committed to prayer and to their own personal wholeness & spiritual health.
- Mobilization Catalysts may serve in either part-time or full-time roles within the GCMI team.
- Personal partner-raising (ie., support raising) is required for salary & work-fund/expenses.
- A regional mobilizer’s primary focus is within their metropolitan region. A regional mobilizer may join the GCMI team for national events, such as a missions conference, or opt for occassional travel depending on their availability.
Want More Info?
Want more info or to apply? Fill out the form below.