Job Title: Prayer Coordinator
Supervisor Title: Executive Director
Date Revised: March 1, 2023
Global City Mission Operations – Support-Raised Position and/or Bi-Vocational)
Global City Mission Initiative is a highly relational ministry, focused on reaching the nations at the world’s crossroads. Our team reaches out cross-culturally in global, urban communities to plant churches, disciple new Christians, and reach the un- churched at the edges of culture. We partner with churches and existing Christians, where they are at, to better reach out into the communities to advance the gospel.
Vision: To see disciple-making initiatives in strategic global cities around the world starting in North America.
We are seeking a missions-minded has a heart for prayer. Mission movements are frequently preceded by prayer movements. We are seeking a missionary candidate who engages with mission through facilitating intentional prayer. The Prayer Coordinator may be located anywhere; however, being based in a metropolitan area is preferred. This role may be structured as full-time, part-time, or may be full-time combined with another ministry role within Global City Mission; however, the candidate should be able to dedicate time to praying and to communications with both team members and prayer partners. He/she should think strategically about building a network of prayer support. To receive a salary, the position requires raising mission funding.
- Be a person of prayer
- Believe in the role of prayer in missions
- Help cultivate a culture of prayer within GCMI as a ministry
- Have the ability to recruit prayer partners and establish a network of prayer support relating to specific areas of need and/or opportunity.
- Develop strategies to increase attention to prayer both within GCMI and among the ministry’s partners
- Have the organizational ability to coordinate individuals, groups, and churches to pray for the ministry
- Communicate specific prayer needs both within the team and to external partners, as appropriate.
- Offer guidance in prayer and spiritual disciplines among GCMI team members
- Be sensitive when it comes to identities and personal issues when communicating prayer needs.